The Ludlow Tuart Forest Restoration Group is seeking expressions of interest from people to act as short term caretakers at the Ludlow mill and settlement in Ludlow, Western Australia.
Read further and if interested, please complete the preliminary form below and we will contact you.
Who does it Suit?
If you are passionate about the environment and willing to learn about the history of Ludlow, have your own self contained caravan and like to meet people, then a short term caretaker role could be your thing.
Our caretakers generally share a few attributes:
- a self contained caravan
- good communication skills
- a calm disposition
- a willingness to learn about the Ludlow history & the local environment
- a willingness to talk to and provide information to visitors
- prepared to participate in our monthly busy bee activities
What am I in for?
Our volunteer Ludlow caretakers provide an onsite presence while we progress with the restoration of the mill and settlement buildings.
- alert emergency services if required
- daily walk around (or drive around) the mill compound and settlement buildings
- participation in our monthly busy bees
Whats in it for me?
As a Ludlow caretaker, you have the best of both worlds. You get to wake up every morning surrounded by the heritage listed Ludlow mill and settlement in Western Australia`s iconic tuart forest, just a short drive from Busselton and other tourist destinations in the south west of Western Australia.
- you get to camp at no cost for the duration of your stay with power and limited potable
- share your experience with other like minded people.