The "Ballarat" engine was shipped to W.A. in crates and accompanied by Mr William Timmings who reassembled it at the "Ballarat" Mill at Wonnerup. It hauled timber from Yoganup to the Ballarat mill at the Vasse inlet on Wonnerup beach, a distance of 12 miles(18 kms).
It generated 16 horsepower and weighed 8 tonnes and was able to tow 3 logs at a time. The engine commenced working in June 1871 and operated for the life of the mill. As a fuel it used timber and was responsible for many fires along the line in season.
It is now housed in the Busselton Jetty tourist precinct. Extract on the "Ballarat" engine from Historic Busselton, fifth edition p30,31.